10 Steps To Kill Indoor Insects with Ozone Gas
“High output ozone gas is much safer for human occupants and their pets than the use of the toxic chemical pesticides that often leave an unhealthy product residue inside pesticide-treated homes, offices, and workplaces.”
Below are the 10 Steps To Kill Indoor Insects with High Output Ozone Gas
- Ozone gas is a regular, two oxygen atom molecule (0²) to which an extra oxygen atom has been temporarily added by the ozone generator to create a three oxygen atom molecule, (ozone gas) (0³). This extra oxygen atom gives the molecule its ozone gas a very effective and powerful oxidizing power to kill insects, mold spores, mold growth, and odors such as pet odors and smoking odors.Ozone gas is regularly utilized by hospitals to sanitize hospital rooms and operating rooms. Ozone gas is also rapidly replacing chlorine gas as the preferred process to disinfect swimming pool and public whirlpool spa water.
- No people, pets, or live plants can be inside the ozone-treated house, condo, apartment, workplace, or commercial or governmental building during the lengthy ozone treatment time sessions, or for two hours afterwards. Bug-killing ozone gas returns to normal oxygen in about 30 to 45 minutes after turning off the ozone generator.
- So that ozone gas can reach all areas and surfaces in which the insects can hide, take preparatory steps such as, but not limited to: (a) leave dresser drawers, bathroom vanity drawers, kitchen cabinet doors and drawers, and office desk and filing cabinet drawers open about two to four inches; (b) remove all rugs from the floor and hang them on portable clothes drying racks so that the ozone gas can treat both sides of the hanging rugs as well as the now exposed flooring beneath where the rugs usually placed; (c) remove and discard all accumulated newspapers, magazines, trash, and wastebasket contents to outdoor trash bins or containers; (d) open closet doors and drawers; (e) thoroughly clean and vacuum all floors and upholstered furniture and the entire house or building; and (f) put clothes on hangers two inches apart to allow ozone treatment on both sides of the hanging clothes.
- Protect your electrical and electronic possessions against any potential damage from lengthy ozone treatment sessions by: (a) taping over (with wide masking tape) all exposed rubber and vinyl items like the rubber gaskets of refrigerators and freezers; and (2) removing all electronic items such as computers, TVs, music systems, etc., from the building or covering such items with plastic sheeting taped tight to keep the ozone from getting into or onto the protected equipment.
- Close all windows and doors except for leaving one window (located relatively close to the running ozone generator) open about two to four inches high to provide a source of fresh air for the ozone generator to turn into ozone gas.
- Leave the heating/cooling system off during the ozone treatment sessions except when doing ozone treatment into the inside of the home or building’s heating, ventilating, and air conditioning (HVAC) equipment and ducts, in which case, run the HVAC system on fan ventilation only (no heating or cooling) to help move the heavy ozone gas throughout the HVAC ducts and the entire house or building.
- Use the high output (28,000 mg. of ozone output per hour) contractor model Bio3Blaster because indoor insect killing requires massive amounts of ozone gas for extended time periods, such as at least eight hours into the return air duct of the operating HVAC system, plus at least eight hours inside each separate room or area of the house, including the basement, crawl space, and attic. If necessary, do additional ozone treatment sessions daily for several days in a row to make sure all insects, mold spores, and exposed mold growth are dead.
- When doing ozone treatment of each room or area, use two large box fans placed close to the outward ozone gas flow to move the ozone both vertically and horizontally to counteract the natural tendency of the heavier-than-air ozone gas to fall to the floor.
- Use the General Electric timer or its remote control on-off switch to turn remotely turn the ozone generator off and on.
- During the ozone treatment time session, do not enter into the treatment area without wearing a 3M brand breathing respirator with VOC filters and rated P100 (minimizes your breathing in of ozone), about $40 from a large home improvement or hardware store.